Name:
Location: Uryu, Hokkaido, Japan

Sunday, July 02, 2006

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!!


So, I knew that off the north-western tip of Hokkaido there are two islands, Rebun and Rishiri. I vaguely knew that there is a volcano on Rishiri. I had no idea that the volcano on Rishir was comparable to the size of Fuji!

While Mom and I were driving back from Sohya, we kept seeing this shadowy mountain off in the distance. At first, I thought that it was just some strange clouds. But time past, and it was still there, and actually getting clearer. We were a few miles from the coast, so I could not imagine that what we were seeing was an island. It was really starting to freak us out, so we pulled off the road to look at a map to determine what it was. Turns out Rishiri-dake is extremely large and impressive. This mountain was several miles away, perhaps as much as sixty or seventy miles away, and yet it appeared very prominantly on the horizon. Very Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home